The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter (hardcover) -- 20% OFF!
Quantity in Basket:
Code: The Way We Eat
Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds
THE WAY WE EAT: WHY OUR FOOD CHOICES MATTER by Peter Singer and Jim Mason -- 20% OFF THE
RETAIL PRICE OF $25.95!|
A thought-provoking look at how what we eat profoundly
affects all living things, and how we can make more
ethical food choices.
Five Principles for Making Conscientious Food Choices
1. Transparency: We have the right to know how our food is produced.
2. Fairness: Producing food should not impose costs on others.
3. Humanity: Inflicting unnecessary suffering on animals is wrong.
4. Social Responsibility: Workers are entitled to decent wages and working conditions.
5. Needs: Preserving life and health justifies more than other desires.
Peter Singer, the groundbreaking ethicist, now sets his
critical sights on the food we buy and eat: where it
comes from, how itís produced, and whether it was
raised humanely. Teaming up once again with attorney
Jim Mason, his coauthor on the acclaimed Animal
Factories, Singer explores the impact our food choices
have on humans, animals, and the environment.
In The Way We Eat, Singer and Mason examine
the eating habits of three American families with very
different diets. They track down the sources of each
familyís food to probe the ethical issues involved in
its production and marketing. What kinds of meat are
most humane to eat? Is "organic" always better? Wild
fish or farmed? Recognizing that not everyone will
become vegetarian, Singer and Mason offer ways to make
the best food choices. (hardcover, 328 pages.)